SEARCH ME

Friday 15 October 2010

Who Am I (Part Three): Aspirations

ASPIRATIONS

What did you want to be as a child, when you grew up ?
I didn’t know what I wanted to be until my teens, I wanted to be in the fashion industry. I love designing clothes and kept a folder of my designs. 

So are you, aspiring to break the Fashion Industry?
No, who knows what could happen in a few years time, but definitely not in a creative traditional role. After I received a D in my Art GCSE, when I was expecting a B, I thought it wasn’t meant to be, so I didn’t dwell on my ‘failure’ and I pursued something else.I focused on Graphics as I got a B (and was predicted a C), so I continued with that. I later decided to study Marketing and Music & Media Management at London Metropolitan University. Which was a bit of a change, I lot of people actually thought I was studying Fashion  for a while as I did originally intend to study Fashion Promotion, even my Dad thought I was studying Fashion!
  
I later changed to BA Marketing, which really helped shape my thinking and understanding of the importance of commercial awareness and understanding the needs of the consumer. 

What are your Career Aspirations
I just have one; I would like to build a long and successful career in the Media industry, in either a role in Marketing, Advertising, PR or Digital. I am actually very keen to learn more about Digital.

Why do you want to learn more about Digital ?
I would like to learn more about Digital Media and Marketing to be exact as:
1. Digital and Social Media has changed the way we connect with the world.
 1a. YouTube has changed the way we watch music videos and television shows as well opening up a gateway to new learn things. You can learn a new language, learn how put on make-up and watch funny clips.
 1b..Facebook rules the world and Twitter is an essential promotional tool for even Celebrities and well known brands.
2. It is a fast growing industry that will continue to shape other industry's,just as in how Marketing and IT departments of various organisations have begun to merge together or they now consists of personnel who seem to have similar job descriptions e.g SEO Executives
3. Digital Media is used by all industry's to promote their brand or products, so it would be good to have a great knowledge of the subject.
4. My highest graded module at University was in fact Digital Media Management (66%), what a coincidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment,caring is sharing after all xx