SEARCH ME

Saturday 4 February 2012

My best picks of 2011- Part Three (Food & Weight Loss)

FOOD GLORIOUS FOOD

I love food and 2011 was the year I actually realised I like food just a bit more than your average folk. Last year I particularly enjoyed:
Chicken Pho

A tasty chicken broth with vegetables and chilli (optional) Image: Steamy kitchen
I have only tasted the EAT version of this Vietnamese classic,which is fantastic but I do intend to sample a traditional Chicken Pho in the near future.

Starbucks Crème Brûlée Macchiato

I also love drinks such as cold beverages,hot beverages,alcoholic beverages just drinks in general. As a avid coffee drinker I stumbled in Starbucks in September to see the advertisement below:
Another promotional beverage from Starbucks,
that should be on it's permanent menu. Image:Starbucks
I made a purchase and then continued to make the same purchase 5 times a week for the next two months until the arrival of the 'red cups'.I have never craved a drink as much as I craved the Crème Brûlée Macchiato,its sweet with a nutty alcoholic taste.
A Grande Skinny Crème Brûlée,yum yum!

LOSING WEIGHT

In January 2010 I was 10 st 4lbs my usual weight which is a good for my height (5 ft 8 ish), but by January 2011 I had put on 2 stone 3lbs just from complacency . I planned to lose the weight within three months (funny I know) but of course that was just another case of wishful thinking and another pointless news years resolution.

May 2011 (11 st 8 lbs)

I joined a gym,I fell in love with Body Pump and RPM (similar to Spin) classes,whilst also losing a stone in two months.I must add that I can't do diets,so I decided to follow the 80/20 rule (80% healthy,20% 'unhealthy'), well mine was more 40/60 at times but it still worked.

I loved Spinning Classes ! Image: That's Fit
I later found my fitness DVD's to be just as effective. So I continued to work out with Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD (£4.99 Amazon),which contains 3 intensive 20 minute workouts.You begin at Level 1,then you progress way onto Level 3.I really enjoy working out to this format,as there are also modifications for beginners and an advanced version for gym bunnies. I would personally recommend this DVD to anybody, but take my word for it have a look at the reviews online,but remember that it is must be a best seller for a reason.

I have now moved on to .'Ripped in 30' (£9.99 Amazon) and Tracey Anderson's (Gywneth Paltrow's trainer) Mat Workout (£6.09 Amazon) which are both 'crazy' but doable.
If you think Davina is good,you need to invest in Jillian,
she used to be a trainer in 'The Biggest Loser USA'

I have now lost 1 stone 9lbs to date (yay), I am now back to my usual size which is a UK 8/10 for tops & dresses and UK 10/12 for skirts and trousers.I think that was the only resolution I stuck to last year,which is why I have no new years resolutions this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment,caring is sharing after all xx